Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Race Calendar

Well, I have my next two races on the Cal. First up is the 13.1 Series in Queens on April 2. This race benefits World Vision, however, my support is limited to the entry fee. Next up is the Crooklyn leg of the NYRR Grand Prix. This is a series of half marathons ran in each of the five boroughs. I've done the Queens half, my first race ever, and the Staten Island half, my fastest race ever.

My goals for these two races are vastly different. For the 13.1 I just want to finish sub 1:50, I'm not looking for a PR. The weather in the city has been crazy, making both Hill workouts and Track work next to impossible. Last week both runs were still covered in slick ice. We had a couple of warm days since, in fact, I ran in shorts twice last week, but then a fresh white blanket was laid out last night. The roads are fine but the city doesn't much care about the track, or my hill loop, JERKS!

Lisa and my folks went in on a Garmin Forerunner 110 for my xmas gift and it makes the ole' Timex Chronograph look like a hand full of boogers. No more laborious plotting of routes before runs, or, laborious remembering what exact street I took at mile 9 of a 15 miler. 'Cause if you know me, you know I probs don't remember. Lisa calls it not being "mindful" I call it trapped in a flashback.

The boring Daily Training Log is gearing back up, I'll try to throw in some humor along the way. First up; Rusty Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about running! Bridges or other such spans that must be explored. Stories or articles to read, workouts to try.

But above all, please leave your own stories and thoughts about running.