Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

My trip to Niagara

Haven't posted in a while because I have only ran since since last Wednesday. It all started on Friday when one of my servers had to miss work due to a family emergency. I had to take his shift which destroyed the long run of my peak miles week, a 20 miler. Turns out I would have missed the run no matter what. I started experiencing stomach cramps after everything I ate on that same day. After initial research I was horrified that I may have developed lactose intolerance. I fully want to tolerate lactose, I enthusiastically endorse lactose by the vanilla bean bowlful. This was unacceptable. I cut out the dairy just in case but the symptoms only worsened to the yuckety-yuck, poopy end of things.  I won't go into details other than a single descriptive, Niagara! It was falling in gushing torrents of brown yuckiness (sorry, I couldn't resist) By the end of the weekend I wasn't eating much and each trip to the bathroom left me feeling dehydrated. I bellied up Monday night and did my Hill work with the Hellgaters and even had a pretty good run. Later that night Niagara returned with horrible vengeance. Tuesday morning I felt like a man just out of the desert. Parched, thirsty, and hungry. Still I tried to bang out some miles but didn't even get down the block before the flood gates began tickling me bum. I called it quits and began calling around for an appointment.  Turns out I had a virus. Doc gave me some Imodium to dam up the falls and I've been on the mend since.

Wednesday and Thursday brought evening rain and late nights at work so no runs were logged. This brings us to today, Friday, June 11th. Later today I will attempt to put 20 miles on the board. I'm not sure it is at all wise or recommended to go for that distance after so many rest days, but I'ma due ma! I need this run psychologically, and I need to get it in with enough time to recover before the marathon on June 26th.  I'm nervous. I can't say I'm so nervous I could shit myself because the Imodium won't allow that. But I'm afeard. I'll post the Pain Repot later.

PS
It would sure make me feel pretty if so more people would follow along. There's a little button down at the right that makes it easy. This will be only time, out of 17 more, in which I will stoop to such beggary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about running! Bridges or other such spans that must be explored. Stories or articles to read, workouts to try.

But above all, please leave your own stories and thoughts about running.