Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Work Out: 5/25


Med-Long + Hills
Sharon's little girl had a fever so there was no Tuesday Switch today, and I missed Monday night Hills with the Hellgaters due to Dare Project rehearsal. So I had to do my scheduled nine miles when Lisa got home from work plus the hills I missed. I must say the run went great, though the route I took was 8.4 miles, not my scheduled nine. The first two miles were slow and easy. As were the first four laps around the hill. At the fifth lap my legs were feeling stronger and my pace was getting quicker and quicker. After the hill work I take a short loop around the top of Shore Blvd before heading home on the east side of the park. This leg of the run was exhilarating. As I came under the Hellgate Bridge a charge of energy rippled up my legs causing y hairs to stand on end. Mmm, runner's high. I bogarted it all the way home. My pace got even faster. I was sprinting up the incline of 33rd Street between Astoria Blvd and 28th Ave, which is a 6% + graded elevation. It made up for the horrible runs of last week.
8.4 + Hills
Time: 1:08:32
Pace: 8:11
Feeling: Like Forrest Gump

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about running! Bridges or other such spans that must be explored. Stories or articles to read, workouts to try.

But above all, please leave your own stories and thoughts about running.