Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Workout: Tuesday, April 20

Ha, ha. It's 4-20. Well those days are certainly gone. Now it's a 7 mile tempo run. I started with a very slow, very easy 21 minute jog. Followed by 10 minutes at a comfortably hard pace in which I clocked a 7 minute mile. Lighting fast for me. The rest of the work was to be a 6 minute recovery jog followed by an optional 12 minute fast pace run. I ended up doing slightly slower mile splits for the rest of the run. Finishing with a 7:02 for the full run. Only one minute faster than my usual pace. This begs the question, "What the he'll am I doing?" I think all my runs are tempo runs, even my Hill workouts usually end with negative splits. The next question is how do I log this? Medium long run? Tempo? Fartlek? Fartlek. It really is one if my favorite words. Next up, track work with the Hellgaters. Track work is like is like root canal surgery. It sucks, but when it's on the schedule you man up and just do it.

Distance: 7 miles
Time: 1:02
Splits: 9.28, 12.06, 7.02, 7.37, 8.51,9.02, 8.46
Route: Full Roosevelt Run , http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ny/-astoria/353127117481069768

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about running! Bridges or other such spans that must be explored. Stories or articles to read, workouts to try.

But above all, please leave your own stories and thoughts about running.