Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Work Out: 5-11

Headed out for a med-long of 8 this morning, big shout out to Sharon for continuing the Tuesday switch even as my miles climb in length. Decided to take a little detour along the water and the Astoria PJ's. Nice run until the promenade end, forcing you to take 1st street to either 27th or 26th Avenues. I took 26th Ave, running through a small industrial part of Astoria. I ran right by the Hellgate Filming Studios, which looked like a couple of double wide trailers in front of a smoke stack factory. Though only mildly attractive, the route added some miles, for that I'm grateful. 26th Ave dead-ends, so I headed up to 27th Ave where I got back to my planned route. At Astoria Park I did 10 loops around the my usual hill route then finished up the run. The legs felt strong all the way through the run. I didn't push hard on the hill loops, but I also kept up the pace for most of the run. If you check the stats you'll see it is one of my faster times. Just adding short bursts of speed for one or two segments of every run has really helped to up my pace per mile. I thank fartleks for that. Speaking of fartleks, I have started a running group on Mapmyrun.com called The Fartlekers. If you run, anywhere, for any distance, PLEASE join up.
Happy Running

8 Mile + Hills: 8.66
Time: 1:09:59
Pace:8:08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about running! Bridges or other such spans that must be explored. Stories or articles to read, workouts to try.

But above all, please leave your own stories and thoughts about running.