Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Work Out: 5/04 Mmm...Fartleks

Yes, Fartleks. I have ignored you for too long. Went out with my running buddy Ken to do eight miles but ended up with a good seven. Ran first mile or so at a slow pace, then did three minutes fast and then ran until I felt recovered, which was longer than the planned five minute recovery jog. This last bit is why I love the Fartlek so much. Its so informal and natural. At one point the three minute burst was up but Ken suggested we sprint it out the shade ahead of us. Perfect Fartlek philosophy. At the start of the run I had clipped about six dollars to my waistband, just after the first mile I realized the the money was one. Once we got left the Roosevelt Island segment I started scanning the ground in hopes of finding my cash. I was so intent on finding my loot that I missed Ken's joke, which he told over a quarter mile leg. Something about a monkey dipping his balls in some guys drink. I asked him to type up the joke so I could post it here but that email never made it to my in-box. Probably for the best. The money had actually fallen out before I even left the house. All in all a good run.

Full Roosevelt Island-Vernon Route or FRI-V
Distance: 7
Time: 1:00
Pace: 8:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about running! Bridges or other such spans that must be explored. Stories or articles to read, workouts to try.

But above all, please leave your own stories and thoughts about running.